The organization of St. Peter’s Evangelical Lutheran church, St. Clairsville, is contemporary with that of the Reformed church, before mentioned. The congregation worshiped in the old log union church until 1871. Among the early Lutheran members were the Riddle, Amick, Ickes, Sill, Imler, Garn, and other families. The new brick church, commenced in 1869, was completed in 1871 and dedicated on the 1st of January. It is 32×40 feet in size and cost five thousand dollars. The building committee were Abraham Moses, John T. Ake, J. W. Berkheimer, Josiah Imler and T. W. Steiman. Board of trustees, Thomas Imler, George B. Amick, Mr. Amick being treasurer. The church was built during the pastorate of Rev. Jacob Peter, who has been succeeded by Revs. John H. Zinn and John H. Rice, the present pastor. At the time the church was built the membership was one hundred and forty; present membership about the same (1884); number of Sabbath-school scholars, one hundred and twenty.
(Source: The History of Bedford, Somerset and Fulton Counties, Pa., Waterman, Watkins & Co., 1884, p. 288.)